Alloy Therapeutics Announces Scientific Advisory Board to Drive Roadmap of Biotherapeutic Discovery Platform Innovation.
BOSTON, Mass. – September 20, 2023 — Alloy Therapeutics, a biotechnology ecosystem company, announced the formation of its scientific advisory board (SAB) that includes a group of renowned experts in fields spanning immunology, protein engineering, T cell receptor (TCR) modalities, and more. Alloy’s SAB members have been instrumental in developing Alloy’s technical roadmap as the company has developed cutting edge technologies and services across antibodies, bispecifics, TCRs and TCR mimics, genetic medicines, cell therapies, peptides and drug delivery technologies.
“Alloy’s mission is to support our drug discovery partners by developing and providing broad access to innovative technologies and platforms. Innovation and focus on quality drive our highly collaborative and science-focused R&D team,” explained Alloy President and Head of Research Piotr Bobrowicz, PhD. “We are thankful to our SAB members for their partnership in guiding us in this process. Their valuable feedback continuously shapes our technical roadmap.”
The SAB’s collaboration with Alloy will inform new areas of platform development and innovation, as well as identify promising areas of disease biology that can benefit from Alloy’s established portfolio of platforms, services, and company creation capabilities. This esteemed group includes:
- Matthew DeLisa, PhD, William L. Lewis Professor of Engineering and Director of the Institute of Biotechnology at Cornell University, whose expertise spans synthetic glycobiology, immunoengineering, protein engineering and vaccine development.
- Sai Reddy, PhD, Associate Professor of Systems and Synthetic Immunology at ETH Zurich, and an expert in the use of high-throughput antibody repertoire sequencing and computational biology to understand the immune response. Dr. Reddy previously co-founded deepCDR Biologics, a deep learning antibody discovery platform acquired by Alloy in December 2021.
- Darrell Irvine, PhD, Professor at the MIT Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator, and a leading researcher in the use of materials science and engineering tools to develop novel technologies for drug delivery, vaccine development, and cancer immunotherapies.
- Christopher Love, PhD, Professor in Chemical Engineering at the MIT Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, and an expert in single-cell sequencing, systems immunology, next-generation protein biopharmaceuticals, and alternative host strain engineering.
- Jeff Molldrem, MD, Professor and Chair of the Department of Hematopoietic Biology and Malignancy at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center whose expertise spans TCRs, TCR mimics, and tumor immunology.
- Randolph Noelle, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Dartmouth University, and a leading researcher in the areas of regulatory T cell biology, B cell memory and plasma cell development, immune tolerance, cancer vaccines, and translational immunotherapy.
- Kai Toellner, PhD, Professor of Adaptive Immunology at the University of Birmingham, and an expert in B cell differentiation, germinal centers, and the regulation of affinity maturation and immunoglobulin class switching.
- Andrew Sewell, PhD, Professor at the Systems Immunity Research Institute at Cardiff University, and a world-leading expert in T cell biology research focused on understanding how T cells recognize their targets and applying these insights to create novel immunotherapies.
Alloy’s scientific teams collaborate closely with SAB members across the technology roadmap. Jeff Molldrem, MD remarked, “Alloy’s leading technology for development of TCRs and TCR mimic antibodies, combined with the unique business model that affords clients and partners broad access to that technology, has made our collaboration with the Alloy team stand out as truly unique and rapidly productive.” Kai Toellner, PhD added, “The collaboration with Alloy led to the development of several mouse models that enabled us to study mechanisms of B cell differentiation, leading to the appearance of high affinity antibodies.”
Alloy continues to invest 100% of its revenue back into innovation as well as access to innovation and will leverage insights from SAB members to make thoughtful decisions regarding the next generation of biologics drug discovery platform innovations. Randolph Noelle, PhD commented: “The biotech/pharmaceutical industries are continuously evolving, and the integration of state-of-the-art technologies will drastically improve their ability to more efficiently produce safe and effective drugs. The breadth, depth and creativeness of the technologies that Alloy offers, together with the overwhelming expertise to implement these technologies provides unprecedented opportunities for the marketplace to produce better medicines. Never before has such a portfolio of opportunity been available.”
In addition to its SAB, Alloy announced earlier this year the formation of an independent, genetic medicines-focused scientific advisory board to support the development of its proprietary AntiClastic™ Antisense Oligonucleotide (AntiClastic ASO) platform.
About Alloy Therapeutics
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners across academia, biotech, and the largest biopharma, Alloy democratizes access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics across six modalities: antibodies, TCRs, genetic medicines, peptides, cell therapies, and drug delivery. Partners may access all current and future technologies through a discovery service relationship or for a flat annual fee through Alloy’s Innovation Subscriptions offering. As a reflection of Alloy’s relentless commitment to the scientific community, Alloy reinvests 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation.
Join the Alloy Therapeutics community by visiting alloytx.com, following Alloy on LinkedIn, scheduling a 15-minute introductory call with our team at alloytx.com/bd, or a 15-minute chat with Alloy’s Founder and CEO at alloytx.com/ceo.
Read more press coverage of the collaboration: